Gauteng teams had an amazing assignment to complete this past weekend and it was important to capitalise on chances created to keep on going as the top 6 teams in the league are still challenging each for the provincial title race. However, it was a major key weekend as 31 goals were scored and only 2 clean sheets came from away teams TUT PTA and Blue Ladies across 7 games played.
Post- review of week 12 results:
- Blue Birds got back to their winning ways with an impressive 1-0 victory against VUT. This is definitely a confidence booster after a long run in the Sasol League without getting any positive results.
- Croesus Ladies buttered Pull Together 7-1 at home “mmh who will have thought”. The team has been through a tough phase as well but I am sure the technical team will be happy with the performance and never look back pointing their faults in the past few weeks.
- Biggest clash of week 12 in Gauteng ended 1 all draw “JVW vs Palace Super Falcons”. Linda Mothalo was impressive on the day as she scored an important goal for her team. Now the “problem child” has scored back to back crucial goals in a row for JVW, one against UJ and one against Super Falcons.
- After a heartbreaking last minute defeat for UJ in week 11 against JVW, the team bounced back with a convincing 4-1 victory against Zebra Force.
- TUT PTA as expected they never disappointed as they humbled Servol Ladies with 6 goals to nil. Letago Madiba, Refiloe and Hildah Magaia were on the scoresheet with two goals each. It might be a great time to be a TUT PTA ladies fan to see the best duo attacking force banging goals week in, week out. Tebogo Mokae’s 4 – 3 – 3 formation is quite effective as the team has conceded less than 9 goals in 12 games played in this year’s Sasol League campaign.
- Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies won 3-2 against Springs Home Sweepers. It could be advantageous to them as log leaders Palace Super Falcons dropped two points but conceding two goals at home could highlight signs of aggressive defence and concentration which is a blessing in disguise for the likes of TUT PTA and Palace Super Falcons as both teams never show mercy or sympathy in front of the goal.
- Nicko Taurus as the home team treated the visitors Soweto Fabulous with a special treat on the day as they got away with a 3-1 victory at Azaadville Stadium.
In that case there are killer changes on the log standings despite Tuks Ladies will be playing their week 12 fixture against NMU Vaal Campus on Wednesday at 7pm, UP Sports Campus. More importantly week 13 fixtures are going to be interesting to see who ends their June campaign on a good run and be ready to tackle down July challenges as Gauteng clubs keep themselves focused and concentrated till the end without any fear to challenge each other for the title race.